Dé Domhnaigh 7 Deireadh Fómhair 2007

La Ruta de los Conquistadores

in a drunken, overly expectant(of my abilities) internet moment, i signed up for this race early this year. it is now at that moment where i need to make my decision. do i defer to next year, possibly losing 50% of my entry fee by the time i do so, or do i book the meager $350 airfare(round trip!!!), request a leave of absence for a week from work, and go ride till i fall over? i have 1.75 vacation days left at work, so i won't be getting paid while i'm down there. i am definitely not in the shape to be putting out a strong, continuous effort for 4 days straight. i am, however, confident in my ability to just grind through anything with dumb perseverance. i am in really good shape in general, and my riding is good enough to get through with frequent breaks. i speak a little spanish, and i would love to see costa rica. if i don't go, and defer to next year after the 100% cutoff, i lose around $500, at least. this is my dilema.

5 comments:

doug said...

I recommend you go!

The Ghost of Jerry Reed said...

found this blog via "bad idea racing" blog. i can appreciate rash decisions made in drunken stupors (good enough for our president, right?). it's what quality mtb'ing is all about! keep up the good bloggin'

sean said...

haha, i didn't know people were actually reading this thing. sweet.

truckee rider said...

you going? I am and I'm in no shape for it!!

sean said...

yeah i'm going truckee. that training plan fell by the wayside pretty quickly. no structure for me. bring the pain.